Upgrade nagios logs server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
uma K

Upgrade nagios logs server

Post by uma K »

Hi,
I want to upgrade my nagios log server machine from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and then upgrade to latest nagios version.
Please provide the steps.
DO I have to rebuild a new server?? or do you have instruction to upgrade directly on the same machine.
Moving to new machine will be again a problem because all my nxlog configuration consist of my Master IP address pointing to send logs.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Upgrade nagios logs server

Post by cdienger »

I would build the CentOS 7 machine, install NLS, and then add the new machine to the cluster following https://library.nagios.com/library/prod ... o-cluster/. Once it is added and the status is green you can take the old machine offline.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
uma K

Post by uma K »

Thanks,
Now server1 is in master state, please help how would I convert another server to convert to master inorder to have nagios log server up and running.
Because now, whenever my master goes down, I am unable to access nagios with other servers.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Are you accessing the NLS servers via their IP addresses or a shared IP or hostname? All nodes in cluster should be accessible via their individual IP addresses no matter which is the 'master'.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.