Nagios LS, offline Installation

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
technosol

Nagios LS, offline Installation

Post by technosol »

Hi

Most of the time we don't get the internet access where the Nagios LS server going to be install. But we are able to create a local yum repo with CenOS/RHEL DVD to install any required extra packages.

May I know, do you have an official Nagios LS installation guide (when the LS server doesn't have internet access)?
also could you please let me know what are the packages that we need to install before executing Nagios LS installation?

Thank you.
mcapra

Re: Nagios LS, offline Installation

Post by mcapra »

Here's the official documentation for offline installations:
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... n-495.html

Note the disclaimer:
Nagios Enterprises provides this KB article to customers in good faith. However an installation of Nagios Log Server using this method is not officially supported by Nagios Enterprises, future problems caused by using this method is beyond our control. Support may be limited if problems cannot be reproduced on a normal installation of Nagios Log Server.
The fullinstall script should list all the dependent packages if you sift through it a bit.

Off the top of my head, you'll need EPEL to have access to the pip client. You'll also need some sort of local or remote PIP mirror, or the wheels for the curator==3.4.0 Python package to install them by hand.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@technosol, We also have precompiled OVA's with Log Server that are ready to run out of the box.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
technosol

Post by technosol »

Hi

Usually, in production, customers are not allowing us to install Nagios LS using its OVA. For the testing and practice, of course, we can use OVA.
When preparing MOP, we need to add actual steps that we planning to execute in the production ENV.

That's why I am looking for an official guide to install Nagios LS in a militarized zone where does not have internet. (Fully isolated from the Internet)

Actually, this concern applies to all other products too. (Nagios XI, Nagios Fusion, and Nagios Network Analyzer)

Thank you.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.