Nagios Logs Export Issue

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
vguddanti

Nagios Logs Export Issue

Post by vguddanti »

I am using Mac and trying to export Nagios Log data as CSV(via export csv link). I selected couple fields extra from all events other than the defaulted ones. but i could not get the data for these extra fields in my downloaded csv file. Is this a known issue. Please help.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Nagios Logs Export Issue

Post by cdienger »

Does it work on Windows or Linux machine? What additional fields are you adding? What NLS version(find the version in the footer of the Home screen)?I haven't been able to reproduce it yet on a 2.0.3 machine.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Sampath.Basireddy

Post by Sampath.Basireddy »

I am too seeing similar issue with Nagios Log Server.

NLS Version is 2.0.2 and it is happening only with certain fields.

Thread contextMap fields are the ones that are affected here. Attached a screenshot of the fields that we are trying to export.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

@Sampath.Basireddy - the screenshot shows the fields are not selected. You must put a check next to the field names in order to have them exported.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Sampath.Basireddy

Post by Sampath.Basireddy »

:lol: :lol: I attached the screenshot just for reference.

Since those fields has "contextMap.", I was wondering if that has got to do something with the issue.

It is just these fields that won't export.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I figured, but we always need to make sure the basics aren't overlooked :) I would try upgrading to the 2.0.4 release and if it continues with that version please PM me screenshots of the dashboard, the exported results, and a profile(Admin > System > System Status).