command subsystem missing 'snapshot_maintenance'

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
nortonhealthcare

command subsystem missing 'snapshot_maintenance'

Post by nortonhealthcare »

In the Nagios Log Server (version 2.0.2) web interface, under Admin -> Command Subsystem, I'm trying to follow this document:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... enance.pdf

page 7, and I do not have "snapshot_maintenance". I do however have "backup_maintenance". Is this a version issue? I'm trying to configure regular backups to write to a specific directory, and this is where I would set the frequency etc.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: command subsystem missing 'snapshot_maintenance'

Post by npolovenko »

@nortonhealthcare, Interesting. Have you upgraded from an older version of the Log Server? I would think that "snapshot_maintenance" and "backup_maintenance" is the same thing but every LogServer I've checked so far has the "snapshot_maintenance".

Can you take a screenshot of all commands in the command system table?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
nortonhealthcare

I don't know the version history of this particular implementation, but here is the screenshot you requested.
all.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@nortonhealthcare, Yes, I found that the snapshot maintenance job used to be called backup maintenance in older versions of Log Server ~ 1.X. Can you click on "Reset All Jobs" and let me know if the name has changed?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
nortonhealthcare

Resetting all jobs did indeed change the name to snapshots_maintenance. Thanks!
nortonhealthcare

Unfortunately, the problem I had that caused me to explore this problem is still happening. Under 'Snapshots & Maintenance' I select my repository and click 'Save'. This is the result:
1.jpg
However, when I refresh the page, the repository is not selected:
2.jpg
Is this normal behavior? I'm not getting any data written to my snapshot directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jomann
Development Lead

Post by jomann »

No that is not normal, can you check your apache error log for errors, do a:

Code: Select all

tail -f /var/log/httpd
Post any errors you get when you select the repo and save the settings.