Nagios Cluster Status RED

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
floki

Nagios Cluster Status RED

Post by floki »

Hi guys, i'm having this problem:
# curl 'localhost:9200/_cluster/health?level=indices&pretty'
{
"cluster_name" : "8e37c562-7430-4a09-95ec-24e7144f3d25",
"status" : "red",
"timed_out" : false,
"number_of_nodes" : 1,
"number_of_data_nodes" : 1,
"active_primary_shards" : 137,
"active_shards" : 137,
"relocating_shards" : 0,
"initializing_shards" : 0,
"unassigned_shards" : 135,
"delayed_unassigned_shards" : 0,
"number_of_pending_tasks" : 0,
"number_of_in_flight_fetch" : 0,

Note: all indices has yellow or green status

When I look into elasticsearch logs, this is the result:
observer: timeout notification from cluster service. timeout setting [1m], time since start

When I look into logstash logs, this is the result:
"Attempted to send a bulk request to Elasticsearch configured at '[\"http://localhost:9200\"]', but Elasticsearch appears to be unreachable or down!", :error_message=>"Connection refused (Connection refused)", :class=>"Manticore::SocketException", :level=>:error}

Anybody pleaaaaase help :)
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Nagios Cluster Status RED

Post by cdienger »

The messages in the log may not be related and/or temporary - if elasticsearch was down then the curl command querying it wouldn't work at all. What is the full output of the "curl 'localhost:9200/_cluster/health?level=indices&pretty'" command? I've not seen an instance where it would report red but all indices are okay. https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... th-90.html has some more information on the red status and some additional commands to get more info and possibly fix it.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
floki

Re: Nagios Cluster Status RED

Post by floki »

The Link you posted really helped me to understand the fundamentals of the architecture of nagios log server. Problem solved, deleted the index that has the red status. Thanks a lot