Display hostname in filtering

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
lukedevon

Display hostname in filtering

Post by lukedevon »

Hi

How can I filter the hostname as a type of a field in the field list? please see the attached.
hostname.PNG
Usually in filtering, always we see the IP address. I want to get the Hostname as well because it will help to user to understand the node name easily rather than the IP address.

Thank you
Luke.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Display hostname in filtering

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @lukedevon. Is the hostname getting passed inside the logs or do you want to have the log server automatically do a DNS lookup on the host IP address? If the answer is the second I suggest adding the following filter:
Untitled.png
This way the hostname should appear right after the IP address, separated by a comma.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.