Maintenance

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
floki

Maintenance

Post by floki »

Good Day,

How to verify if the nagios log server can run the Maintenance settings that is configured through the Web Gui? I already set the Maintenance to close the indices in 10 days period and delete them in 11 days perion. But when I run the job in command subsystem, the indices is still not deleted.

Thanks
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Maintenance

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @floki. Please open the command line to the log server, type the following command and hit enter:
tail -f /usr/local/nagioslogserver/var/jobs.log > /tmp/support.txt
And while this command is still running open the Log Server web interface, go to the command subsystem tab and run the snapshot and maintenance job.

After you run it wait another minute, then exit out from the command in the command line. This should generate the support.txt file in the /tmp/ folder. Please upload the support.txt file in the ticket.

Next, please take a screenshot of your Snapshot and Maintenance settings.

Finally, please generate and send me a profile from each log server in the cluster. A profile can be generated under Admin > System > System Status or in the command line by running:
/usr/local/nagioslogserver/scripts/profile.sh
The profile can be found at /tmp/system-profile.tar.gz.
Please upload that profile in the thread as well.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.