Include Event Message in Nagios Log Server Alert

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
vlachopoulosd

Include Event Message in Nagios Log Server Alert

Post by vlachopoulosd »

Hello,

I am currently testing a new Nagios Log server installation. I have created a query based on windows event logs and an alert on it. The alert comes as follows:

DHCP Scope Full returned with a CRITICAL state at Wed, 22 May 2019 17:11:44 +0300
The alert was processed with the following thresholds:
• Lookback period: 1d
• Warning: 1
• Critical: 1
Here is the full alert output:

CRITICAL: 4 matching entries found |logs=4;1;1

See the last 1d in the Nagios Log Server dashboard.
Nagios Log Server

Is it possible to include the actual message field from the event? Instead of "CRITICAL: 4 matching entries found |logs=4;1;1" i would like to get something like "CRITICAL: There are no IP addresses available for lease in the scope..."
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Include Event Message in Nagios Log Server Alert

Post by cdienger »

This is the default email template you can create a new template to include %lastalertlog% OR %last10alertlogs%. Templates are configured under Alerting > Alert Settings > Email Templates.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
vlachopoulosd

Post by vlachopoulosd »

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I put the %lastalertlog% and it returned the whole event in the mail. I hoped that I could include only the "message" field of the event, but it's OK.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

vlachopoulosd wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply!

I put the %lastalertlog% and it returned the whole event in the mail. I hoped that I could include only the "message" field of the event, but it's OK.
At this tine there is only an option to get the whole event.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com