Issues in Snapshots & Maintenance

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
lukedevon

Issues in Snapshots & Maintenance

Post by lukedevon »

Hi

I have created Snapshot repository for the mounted NFS storage. It was working fine. However recently I found some issues with NFS mount point and I had to fix it due to the Snapshot backups were failing.

However, as I found recently, the Snapshot backup is not working. No any errors. But the files have not been copied to the NFS storage.

Under command subsystems --> snapshots_maintenance is SUCCESS according to the scheduled time & date. But I don't see the files have been backed up to the NFS storage.

Just to test, I created a new snapshot repo and assigned it to "Repository to store snapshots in", under maintenance settings. But still the same. No new files have been transferred.

I tried to delete the old snapshot repo, but it is unable to delete. No any errors. But it is still there.

Can you please help me to fix these issues? Remove old snapshot repo and start the backup process.

Thank you
Luke.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Issues in Snapshots & Maintenance

Post by cdienger »

Do you see any snapshots listed in the NLS web UI? What does a directory listing for the repo look like? Sometimes a bad snapshot can cause issues displaying or making further backups. Please provide a directory listing and screenshot so we can check for this.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.