Configuring Nagios LS Using Command Line/Files

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
klg

Configuring Nagios LS Using Command Line/Files

Post by klg »

I am trying to configure my Nagios LS global configurations using a puppet script which can either modify via command line or text files. I went in and modified the Nagios LS input and filter conf files through the CLI, and all I have had since have been issues (neither elasticsearch or logstash will start). However, when I change the inputs and filters in the Nagios LS GUI, the files are overwritten and everything is happy again.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
klg
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Configuring Nagios LS Using Command Line/Files

Post by cdienger »

It is likely a problem with the configuration files and we'd need to see those to diagnose the problem.

Keep in mind that while the configuration files are stored in flat text files, NLS does not take manually modified text files into consideration and any changes made to these files can be overwritten by a copy of the configuration that is stored in the NLS database. The web UI should be used to make changes to the logstash configuration avoid problems.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.