Nagios Log Server System Status Tab

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
mcrt

Nagios Log Server System Status Tab

Post by mcrt »

Greetings all!

I'm currently running into an issue with my Nagios Log Server when attempting to view the Subsystems status for Elasticsearch Database and Logstash Collector. Both subsystems do not load their status under the "System Status" page, and only show a loading symbol. All other pages under the Admin tab load correctly. I've adjusted the php.ini file to allocate 1024M of memory. Previous troubleshooting steps pointed me to the /etc/sudoers file, which is set to the default configuration that comes with the Nagios Log Server OVA. Any assistance that you all could provide will be greatly appreciated.
mbellerue

Re: Nagios Log Server System Status Tab

Post by mbellerue »

Are you accessing Log Server by IP address? They won't finish loading if you're accessing the site by IP address. Often the best way to do this is to just put the server name and IP in your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
mcrt

Post by mcrt »

I'm accessing it by IP address. I've added an entry to my hosts file, however, the subsystem status still won't load for Elasticsearch or logstash
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Huh. Accessing by host name usually does it. What version of Log Server are you running? Is it running on CentOS or Ubuntu?

Also, when you load up the page to see the status, do you see any errors in the log files? If you like, you can PM me a System Profile, and we can take a look at the log files on this side.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
mcrt

Post by mcrt »

I'm sorry for the delay, we're using Nagios Log Server 2.1.0. It looks like the issue has been resolve, though I'm not certain that any changes we've recently made would've corrected the issue. I'll post again in this thread if things revert to the issue we were having. Thanks for your suggestions and help!
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

mcrt wrote:I'm sorry for the delay, we're using Nagios Log Server 2.1.0. It looks like the issue has been resolve, though I'm not certain that any changes we've recently made would've corrected the issue. I'll post again in this thread if things revert to the issue we were having. Thanks for your suggestions and help!
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com