Configure the final installation without using the browser?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
MDK

Configure the final installation without using the browser?

Post by MDK »

I am attempting to automate an offline installation of Nagios log server on a non-internet connected system. I have got the log server to install and was wondering if you could assist me in how to configure the final installation without using the browser? Is there a file that I should invoke after modifications?

Where would the browser final installation files be located?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Configure the final installation without using the brows

Post by scottwilkerson »

MDK wrote:I have got the log server to install and was wondering if you could assist me in how to configure the final installation without using the browser? Is there a file that I should invoke after modifications?
This is not possible
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
MDK

Post by MDK »

Where would the browser final installation files be located?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

MDK wrote:Where would the browser final installation files be located?
I don't understand the question
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
MDK

Post by MDK »

The final installation steps configure the license and the admin account. Where is this information stored? On a file? In a database? How can these values be changed? Is there an API? Do we use php files with arguments?
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

first retrieve the csrf_value:

Code: Select all

curl -XGET 'http://192.168.55.3/nagioslogserver/install' -c cookies.txt| grep csrf | grep -E "[a0-z9]{32}" -o
Then POST it along with password, email, language, timzone, etc:

curl -XPOST 'http://nls_ip/nagioslogserver/install' -b cookies.txt -d 'csrf_ls=csrf_value_returned_from_prevous_command&key_type=key&key=license_key&username=nagiosadmin&admin_name=Nagios+Administrator&password=password123&conf_password=password123&email=root%40localhost&language=default&timezone=America%2FChicago&type=install'
or for a trial:

curl -XPOST 'http://nls_ip/nagioslogserver/install' -b cookies.txt -d 'csrf_ls=csrf_value_returned_from_prevous_command&key_type=trial&username=nagiosadmin&admin_name=Nagios+Administrator&password=password123&conf_password=password123&email=root%40localhost&language=default&timezone=America%2FChicago&type=install'
Keep in mind that if this is to work around a problem you may be having with finishing via the web UI, that this just works around this last step and you may run into problems going forward - login, configuration changes, activation, etc....
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.