Nagios LS - Azure Cloud Monitoring

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
jameshanguyen

Nagios LS - Azure Cloud Monitoring

Post by jameshanguyen »

Hi,
Our company is using a hybrid architectures of active directory: on-premises + azure.
We can use Nagios Log Server to collect the events from local domain controllers.
How to use Nagios Log Server to collect the events from Azure ? E.g. how to know if a user fails to log in to office 365 ? or from where does a user log in to Office 365 ?
Thanks for your help.
mbellerue

Re: Nagios LS - Azure Cloud Monitoring

Post by mbellerue »

If it's Azure IaaS, then it would just be a matter of having a site-to-site VPN to the virtual infrastructure in the cloud. Then you would be able to capture logs without issue.

However, I think you are more likely talking about the actual Azure Active Directory services. Unfortunately we don't have this kind of setup available, so we don't know what kind of logging is available for export, or how it gets exported. If you find a way to get logs from Azure, we can likely get them into Log Server.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
jameshanguyen

Post by jameshanguyen »

Thank you for your reply.
This is the way ELK is dealing with it: https://www.elastic.co/blog/azure-cloud ... stic-stack
Since Nagios is using ELK as its core, I think that also the way for Nagios in the future.
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Thank you for the link! I will run this past the devs to see if it's something that can be integrated into Log Server.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!