Unable to sign in with first LDAP user after applying 2.1.3

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
vdaugherty

Unable to sign in with first LDAP user after applying 2.1.3

Post by vdaugherty »

Hello,

I applied the 2.1.3 update to fix the missing field issue on newly added LDAP accounts, but afterwards I was unable to sign in using the very first LDAP account I added years ago. All other LDAP accounts sign in without any issues, except for the very first LDAP user I ever added to our instance.

I tried deleting the user and re-adding from LDAP, which looked like it added without any errors but the user is not in the user list and not able to sign in. I tried re-adding from LDAP again, but receive the error that the user already exists.

Thanks,

Virgil
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Unable to sign in with first LDAP user after applying 2.

Post by cdienger »

Run:

Code: Select all

tail -f /var/log/elasticsearch/*
and attempt to login. Are there any errors or warnings logged?

Please PM me this output as well as a backup and the name of the user you are attempting to login with. The backup can be created with:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagioslogserver/scripts/create_backup.sh
The backup will be saved to /store/backups/nagioslogserver/
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
vdaugherty

Post by vdaugherty »

There are no errors in the logs when I try signing in with the user 'vdaugherty', I just get 'invalid credentials' on the login screen. Also, my account on here says I am not authorized to send PM's or post to the customer forums.

Thanks,

Virgil
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I've received the PM and responded.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.