Remove instance from cluster

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
cduffy

Remove instance from cluster

Post by cduffy »

While attempting to remove an instance following the directions provided in the guide https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... luster.pdf the step Delete Removed Instance does not work. I get the below error.

This page isn’t working
logserver is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Remove instance from cluster

Post by cdienger »

As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cduffy

Post by cduffy »

Sorry I did not realize I did not subscribe so I didnt see the reply. I increased all the way up to 1024M and the issue still persists. Please advise.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Sounds like there may be a bad entry left in the database. PM me a copy of it and I can take a closer look. Export it with:

Code: Select all

curl -XPOST http://localhost:9200/nagioslogserver/_export?path=/tmp/nagioslogserver.tar.gz
It will be saved in /tmp/nagioslogserver.tar.gz.

I'd also like a screenshot of the Instance Status screen so that I can see the IP address and hostname of the machine you are trying to remove.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Fixed in a PM. Removed the node from the nagioslogserver index.