Nagios Log server logstash behaving crazy

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
anish

Re: Nagios Log server logstash behaving crazy

Post by anish »

Hi ,

I have deleted the 2014 indices from indices and restarted the elastic search service . But the index logstash-2014.06.27 reappeared . Deleted the file from both the nodes but i can see the 2014 for the date 27 reappeared after restarting the service
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I'd like to take a closer look. Please open a ticket and we can setup a time for a remote.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
anish

Post by anish »

can you please let me know the procedure to raise the ticket with Nagios Support.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

You can email customersupport@nagios.com. If your email address is not in our system then you will receive a bounce back and will have to email sales@nagios.com to be added. Feel free to PM me if you have any issues creating a case.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
anish

Post by anish »

The issue got resolved after updating the NTPD on both the nodes and then restarting the services . Thanks for help
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Excellent.

Yes, Log Server will create indexes in the past/future if it is receiving logs from a different time that contain their own timestamp. This can actually be quite useful because you can load historical logs into Log Server and have them on the correct dates.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com