system status menu

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
saleemthupsee

system status menu

Post by saleemthupsee »

hello,

when i go to my setup http://nagioslogserver.parabole.local/n ... min/system, the following happens : with instance 192.168.97.4

core Services
Elasticsearch Database (the spinning wheel keep moving and never stops to give me a meaningful information)
Logstash Collector (the spinning wheel keep moving and never stops to give me a meaningful information)

IS there a way to resolve this ?

I have my ip setup to access the server on192.168.9.131

and the cluster is setup on 192.168.97.4. When I use 192.168.97.4 to access nagioslogserver, the interface comes up mentionning there is no index. However on the address 192.168.9.131 everything is fine.

regards,
Saleem
Paris
Saleem THUPSEE
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: system status menu

Post by cdienger »

When you go to http://nagioslogserver.parabole.local/n ... min/system, you will see an list of instances in the drop down. It will usually show the IP address along with the hostname of the instance that is selected - make sure that the machine you're accessing NLS from can resolve the hostname. It's usually best to configure this on the DNS server side but on a Linux system you can manually add an entry to /etc/hosts or on a Windows system you can add an entry to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\.

The message about there being no index may be related but could also be a separate issue. Please provide a screenshot of the message along with a screenshot of the Admin > General > Global Settings if the above doesn't help to resolve it.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
saleemthupsee

Re: system status menu

Post by saleemthupsee »

After upgrading to version 2.01 this issue has dissapeared.

thanks
thread can be closed.

regards,
Saleem
Paris
Saleem THUPSEE