Nagios Log Server Offline Upgrade Offline Server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
watts58

Nagios Log Server Offline Upgrade Offline Server

Post by watts58 »

I was able to make it through the procedure on the Download Server portion, but ran into an error on the offline server. Please see below:

grep 'pip install' nagioslogserver/upgrade | sed 's/pip install/& --no-index --find-links \/tmp\/pipfiles\//' | source /dev/stdin

Output:
Uninstalling Click-7.0:
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission Denied: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/Click-7.0.dist-info/INSTALLER'

Has anyone seen this before?
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Nagios Log Server Offline Upgrade Offline Server

Post by ssax »

This means the user you're running it as doesn't have the permissions to remove that python package.

Are you running it as a regular user, as root, or through sudo? Make sure you're doing it as root or through sudo.

What OS/Version?

Code: Select all

uname -a
cat /etc/*release
Please attach the full upgrade.log so we can see what occurred.
watts58

Post by watts58 »

I can't upload the upgrade log as it is on an offline, high-side server, but I am performing the command using sudo and the requested information is below:

uname -a
Linux (QRDN) 3.10.0-1127.13.1.el7.x86_64

cat /etc/*release
CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003

I verified that my user could change directory (without sudo) to the package location. I also changed the permissions on the INSTALLER package to allow my user and it still didn't work.

There were a few .py line errors in between "Uninstalling Click-7.0:" and the error. Let me know if you need them specifically or if the upgrade log has a particular set of information I can pull for you. I really appreciate your assistance.

Uninstalling Click-7.0:
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission Denied: '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/Click-7.0.dist-info/INSTALLER'
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Try running the uninstall directly:

Code: Select all

pip uninstall click
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
watts58

Post by watts58 »

Thank you for your help! I uninstalled and reinstalled 'click' and it worked. I am now officially upgraded offline!
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

watts58 wrote:Thank you for your help! I uninstalled and reinstalled 'click' and it worked. I am now officially upgraded offline!
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com