Upgrading to CentOS 7

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
danniiffxi

Upgrading to CentOS 7

Post by danniiffxi »

Hi Guys

Just a quick question... I am currently in the process of upgrading our Nagios systems to a CentsOS 7 backend from CentOS 6.

I currently have a 2 server instance of Nagios Log on CentOS6 and two new CentOS7 servers ready to go. All servers are running Nagios Log 2.1.7. The new server are at the install or connect page ready to be added. What I need to know is this as I can't find a definitive answer in the documentation. Do I add one of the new server to the instance, wait for it to sync then remove the old one. Or remove one of the old servers first then add a new one and wait for it to sync?

So for example

NL01 <- primary Server
NL02 <- Secondary Server

Do I add an NL03 to the two already working (I only have a licence for 2 in an instance) or remove NL02 and add a new one. Then once the sync is complete I make the newly added server the primary, and repeat with the other old server?

I hope that made sense...

I am following these two guides.
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... luster.pdf
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... luster.pdf
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Upgrading to CentOS 7

Post by cdienger »

Add a new server, wait for the status to go green, and then remove an old node.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
danniiffxi

Post by danniiffxi »

cdienger wrote:Add a new server, wait for the status to go green, and then remove an old node.
Thank you, I have added the new servers to the cluster, they are now syncing. I'll remove the old ones tomorrow. You can lock this one.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

danniiffxi wrote:
cdienger wrote:Add a new server, wait for the status to go green, and then remove an old node.
Thank you, I have added the new servers to the cluster, they are now syncing. I'll remove the old ones tomorrow. You can lock this one.
Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com