Upgrading OS (centos 6 =>7)

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Upgrading OS (centos 6 =>7)

Post by ssax »

Please PM me a copy of your profile from the new system (if it's too large, extract, remove large files, recompress and send), you can download it from Admin > System Status by clicking the Download System Profile button.

Please clarify what you mean by "some of my logged data doesn't show in the dashboard", are you seeing other data in the dashboards?

The "instance is likely offline message" could be a DNS issue, can you send a screenshot?

Need to get this was well from the new system:

Code: Select all

curl -XPOST 'http://localhost:9200/nagioslogserver/_import?path=/tmp/nagioslogserver.tar.gz'
Send the /tmp/nagioslogserver.tar.gz after.

I see you have a ticket open for this, is this regarding the same system? If so, attach to the ticket.
rhassing

Post by rhassing »

Please clarify what you mean by "some of my logged data doesn't show in the dashboard", are you seeing other data in the dashboards?
That was a firewall issue and is solved now. I forgot to open tcp/514 and udp/514 on the new system. :roll:

Need to get this was well from the new system:

CODE: SELECT ALL
curl -XPOST 'http://localhost:9200/nagioslogserver/_ ... ver.tar.gz'

Send the /tmp/nagioslogserver.tar.gz after.
{"error":"FileNotFoundException[can't open for input, check existence or access rights: /tmp/nagioslogserver.tar.gz]","status":500}

I see you have a ticket open for this, is this regarding the same system? If so, attach to the ticket.
Rob Hassing
rhassing

Post by rhassing »

When I pressed cancel once, instead of back or anywhere else it jumped to the right page and applied the configuration to the server.
I think the migration is completed now and everything is working as it should do.

This thread can be closed now. Thank for the support...
Rob Hassing
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

rhassing wrote:When I pressed cancel once, instead of back or anywhere else it jumped to the right page and applied the configuration to the server.
I think the migration is completed now and everything is working as it should do.

This thread can be closed now. Thank for the support...
Great

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com