LDAP authentication issue

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
kunalbsharma

Re: LDAP authentication issue

Post by kunalbsharma »

I have similar issue in our environment. Do you want me to raise a separate thread or continue with this one? I have already tried above steps. I guess my issue with the CA Root Certificate.
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @kunalbsharma

Thanks for following up, and would suggest opening up a new support topic in the forums or ticket.

Thanks,
Perry
NMFSTeam

Post by NMFSTeam »

The first command using openssl s_client command failed, since I didn't have SSL configured on the frontend of the application yet. I went ahead and did that, so now users can access using https.

After that, I went in to the web GUI, removed the certificates I had added under the LDAP/AD Integration section. I tried to re-add a certificate, but I kept getting an error message "Could not write to /etc/openldap/certs". I ended up following the directions located on this webpage, and it seems to have solved my issue.

You may close this out, thank you.
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @NMFSTeam

Excellent, and thanks for following up with the resolution so when others run into the same issue they can reference.

Locking,
Perry