LS web interface is super slow after resizing VM Disk Size

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
eddyt

LS web interface is super slow after resizing VM Disk Size

Post by eddyt »

LS web interface is super slow after resizing VM Disk Size. I followed the KB on https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=814. It was initially working for about a day or two but then stopped working. I then deleted the partition and redid the steps. Now I'm getting "out of memory: Kill process 1244 (java) score 381 or sacrifice child" "Killed process 1244 (java), UID 1000, total-vm:23606456kB, anon-rss:1750672kB, file-r ss:127132kB, shmem-rss:0kB" I cannot log onto the web interface anymore. It just shows as if it were loading and sometime I get the elastic search will not start error. Has anyone came across anything like this?
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: LS web interface is super slow after resizing VM Disk Si

Post by ssax »

Please PM me a copy of your profile.zip, you can download it from Admin > System Status by clicking the Download System Profile button​.

What is the output of these commands?

Code: Select all

sar -A
ps aux
uname -a
cat /etc/*release
pbroste

Re: LS web interface is super slow after resizing VM Disk Si

Post by pbroste »

Hello @eddyt

Thanks for reaching out, want to start off by checking on the disks:

parted -l

fdisk -l
Along with that let's also get the log server system profile:

/usr/local/nagioslogserver/scripts/profile.sh
The System Profile is found in '/tmp/system-profile.tar.gz'

To size down log server profile by removing extra logstash:

cd /tmp && gzip -d system-profile.tar.gz -c | tar --delete --wildcards system-profile/logstashlogs/logstash.log-*.gz | gzip - > /tmp/tmp.$$.tar.gz && mv /tmp/tmp.$$.tar.gz system-profile.tar.gz
Please send the '/tmp/system-profile.tar.gz' and the results from the commands via Private Message [PM].

Thanks,
Perry