Upgrade Logserver from 2.1.4 to 2.1.11

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
support@nagios.nl

Upgrade Logserver from 2.1.4 to 2.1.11

Post by support@nagios.nl »

Hi all,

I was wondering if there any issues upgrading Logserver from 2.1.4 to the latest current version 2.1.11. I have never performed an upgrade on an Logserver cluster before, so to prevent availability issues on the customer environment it would be very helpfull if there are any known issues.
The documentation within Assets looks pretty straight forward: (https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Server.pdf)

Regards,
Fred
gsmith

Re: Upgrade Logserver from 2.1.4 to 2.1.11

Post by gsmith »

Hi Fred,

Glad you asked! There is an issue upgrading to 2.1.11 in that the version of the software isn't
reflected properly. If you can hold off for a day or two we are planning to release version 2.1.12
shortly. If you are eager to upgrade you can upgrade to 2.1.11 without any issue, other than the version
will be reported incorrectly. If you wait for 2.1.12 you will benefit from an additional change that is
removing all log4j files from NLS.

Thank you for your patience!
support@nagios.nl

Post by support@nagios.nl »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your feedback!
There is no rush for our customer to upgrade asap, so when the new version is released I will use that one.

Regards,
Fred
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi

Thanks for letting us know.

Locking thread.

Thx