Metric Aggregation

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
redeye-techops

Metric Aggregation

Post by redeye-techops »

Hi

We are currently evaluating Nagios Log Server to determine if the feature set meets our needs, prior to purchase.

Does the dashboard have an equivalent of the "Metric" => "Top Hit" aggregation that is present in the core Kibana implementation?

> Specifically, we used the "Aggregate with Concatenate" option" under this visualization to plot the latest value of specific metrics on dashboards.
> None of the panel types I reviewed seem to have this functionality? The closest I came across was "stats". Having tested it, we've realised it doesn't have this capability

Thanks
Dayo
gsmith

Re: Metric Aggregation

Post by gsmith »

Hi

Here's what I did - I used a stats panel, and with the timepicker I had it look over the last minute, with auto refresh set at 1 minute.
In this case I used the PID of events run by CROND, not real world metric, but it is something that was easy to get and varied nicely.

I made a crude screen recording to show what I did. It's about 4 minutes long but a lot of that time is waiting
for the data to update. It's attached to this thread but you can also get it at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.