Log sudo history

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
stsysadm

Log sudo history

Post by stsysadm »

Good Morning,

I need your help to solve a problem.
is it possible to configure nagios ls to accept sudo history?
I tried to configure it to accept local1 (configured by default in /etc/sudoers) but once I've elevated my user to root, I can't rebuild the commands I run from nagios log server

thanks to anyone who can help me
bbahn

Re: Log sudo history

Post by bbahn »

Hello stsysadm,

To configure Nagios Log Server to accept sudo history, you will first need to set up logging sudo commands.
  1. You seem to have already set up sudo logging such as with the following in your sudoers file

Code: Select all

Defaults logfile="/var/log/sudo.log"
    Defaults syslog=local1

and updated the rsyslog to add something like the following:

local1.*                            /var/log/sudo.log
  2. Next you need to add this logging to your NLS server. You can do this using

curl -sS -O http://nls_ip_address/nagioslogserver/scripts/setup-linux.sh
    sudo bash setup-linux.sh -s log_source_ip -p nls_port -f "/var/log/sudo.log" -t FILE_TAG

If this doesn't solve your issue, please elaborate on what specifically your issues are.
Thank you.
February: Fostering a fruitful forum with fun formulations. Fear not for our fellowship of friendly fellows will fervently find fixes for flaws found on this forum. Feel free to follow-up with feedback if I fail to fulfill my function fully.