Spotty Bandwidth Graphs

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kcarlson

Spotty Bandwidth Graphs

Post by kcarlson »

Hello, I was hoping to get some clues on why some of my bandwidth graphs are not working. I have been working through this document so far without any luck:

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... hs-29.html

So far I have verified that the cron daemon is running. I have also verified that the file and folder permissions look correct and that MRTG is running less than 5 minutes.

When looking for corrupt files I do have many entries that pop up showing "WARNING: Expected a number but got 'noSuchInstance". This is concerning for me and I am working on cleaning these up.

In that KB article they mention running the plugin manually to check if there's any errors. When running the command I get zero errors but it returns no bandwidth which is incorrect.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_rrdtraf -f '/var/lib/mrtg/192.168.0.20_1.rrd' -w 1 -c 2
OK - Current BW in: 0bps Out: 0bps|in=0b/s;1;2 out=0b/s;1;2

This matches what I am showing on my bandwidth graph for the interface. I have attached a image showing the graph for the interface. I am graphing interfaces on identical devices on the same software load just fine. I can confirm this device does have traffic on it as I am graphing the other side of that interface and can see traffic on there.

Any other things I should be looking at? I understand that I need to clean up the corrupt files command, but if I can't get any data from running the plugin manually I wouldn't expect that to fix my issue.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kcarlson

Re: Spotty Bandwidth Graphs

Post by kcarlson »

I seemed to have made things slightly better but worse at the same time. After following that KB article I have been able to run the plugins and see output showing traffic. It seems that after I followed the fix folder/file permissions steps none of my bandwidth graphs are working on any hosts. I can see that they are seeing traffic but the bandwidth graph icons are missing while my dashboards that were graphs now say "No Data to Display". Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!