The Virtual machine is not coming up

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Naser

Re: The Virtual machine is not coming up

Post by Naser »

Thank you for your support, I managed to install it and configure the network, now the issue is while I am adding any device to monitor it gets stack in the below stage, I reset the server, i repair the databases but no luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Take a look at this KB article for a possible solution for that issue.
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... ailed.html
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Naser

Post by Naser »

Thank you now I am able to access the nagios xi page bit when I add any device it gets stack and on the below stage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Can you login to the Nagios XI server in a shell, run the following commands and post the output so we can view any errors?

Code: Select all

cd /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts
su nagios
./reconfigure_nagios.sh
cat /etc/hosts
Thanks.
Naser

Post by Naser »

Thank you I apply this and even I try to run sudo nano command and it asks for password I try all the password that I had but non of it worked, see the screen shot below.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

The nagios account should not have a password set. If it does, the server will not function.
To remove the password, login as root to the server and run the following to remove the password.

passwd --delete nagios
chage -I -1 -m 0 -M 99999 -E -1 nagios
When doing and changes on the server in a console, most of the time you would do it while logged as root so you should not have to do any changes while logged in as the nagios user.

It has been observed that sometimes the system-config-network or nmtui tool removes the localhost entries from the /etc/hosts file.
Edit your /etc/hosts file and make sure there are localhost entries in both of the lines in the example below.

127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost.localdomain    localhost4    localhost4.localdomain4    localhost    NMT
::1    localhost.localdomain    localhost.localdomain    localhost6    localhost6.localdomain6    localhost    NMT
Naser

Post by Naser »

Thank you for your reply, I have removed the password and try to run the commands again and got below error, as it is getting to long is there are other way that I could give you remote access to check and resolve the issue, we are getting closed to the deadline and we need to finalize and try to start procuring this software ASAP but before that we need to make sure that this software is responding to our requirements.
waiting to hear from you ASAP.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

It looks like the nano editor is not installed on the system and to install if, run the following command as root to do that.

yum install nano -y
After it is installed, you can edit the hosts file by running the following.

nano /etc/hosts
Since you are already logged in as root, you do not need to run sudo in the command. It is only needed if you are not logged in as root.