nagios xi offline upgrade

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
asiansuntrading

Re: nagios xi offline upgrade

Post by asiansuntrading »

hi
how can I setup it? (internal Repo).
(note: The nagios xi installed from an OVA file, we haven't CDs/DVD for copy the RPMs from those)
thanks
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

The .ova doesn't support upgrading in an offline environment.

The best suggestion would be to create an offline Nagios XI via the supported method, and then restore a backup from the current system

Here are the instructions for setting up an offline Nagios XI server
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... onment.pdf
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
asiansuntrading

hi
We have a new virtual server with Centos 6.9 to install nagiosxi*.tar.gz and copy packages file from CD to our server desktop. Now, how can we setup a local repository? (Our server don't access to internet)
thanks
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

This appears to go through the removal of an old repo also, but I think you will find it instructive: https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror

If you have problems setting up a local repo, the CentOS forums are likely going to be a better resource, but once you have them set up, please do let us know if you run into any problems.
asiansuntrading

hi

We installed nagiosxi-5-4.4.el6.x86_64.tar.gz on a centos 6.9 server and restore our backup from nagiosxi 5.4.3 to this nagiosxi version (5.4.4). Now we have nagiosxi 5.4.4 in centos shell but on web interface displayed nagiosxi 5.4.3!! (nagiosxi version in shell(centos) and web interface are different!). what is your approach?
(We got our backup with "/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/backup_xi.sh" command on nagiosxi 5.4.3 server and restore it with "/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/restore_xi.sh <backupfile.tar.gz>" command on nagiosxi 5.4.4 server).

thanks
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

You may experience other problems, as the backups are designed to go to the same version. 5.4.3 --> 5.4.3.

What I would suggest doing is starting from scratch with 5.4.3, importing the backup, and then upgrading to 5.4.4.

Alternatively, can you send me your Profile? You can download it by going to Admin > System Config > System Profile and click the ***Download Profile*** button in the top right corner. *If* for whatever reason you cannot download the profile, please put the output of View System Info (5.3.4+, Show Profile if older). This will give us access to many of the logs we would otherwise ask for individually. If security is a concern, you can unzip the profile take out what you like, and then zip it up again. We may end up needing something you remove, but we can ask for that specifically.
asiansuntrading

hi
We get a new centos server (other than our current nagios xi server) to install nagiosxi-5.4.3.tar.gz on it , When we restore our backup from old nagiosxi server to this one server, but all of the changes on new xi server applyed to old and operational xi server! what is this prolem?
We also send you our profile.
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
asiansuntrading

hi

I don't find nagiosxi-5-4.5.el6.x86_64.tar.gz version in https://repo.nagios.com !! Can you give it me?

thanks
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

asiansuntrading wrote: I don't find nagiosxi-5-4.5.el6.x86_64.tar.gz version in https://repo.nagios.com !! Can you give it me?
There aren't offlines for every version. There may be one for 5.4.6 (I am checking with the devs now to see if a decision has been made), but there will not be one for 5.4.5 at this point.
asiansuntrading

hi

Ok, Now if we want to upgrade our offline 5.4.4, We should install 5.4.6 On that (5.4.4) ?! There is no problem?