Import old data to new XI?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dimsum

Import old data to new XI?

Post by dimsum »

Hi Guys,

I have a problem to move all old data to new XI. Is it possible in a simple export/import? So I have 2 XI run on the same version.

Please advise,

Thank you.
bolson

Re: Import old data to new XI?

Post by bolson »

Which version are you migrating from?
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

Is Nagios XI 5.4.11 to Nagios XI 5.4.11

Thank you.
bolson

Post by bolson »

Simply backup your Nagios XI on the existing XI installation and restore to the new installation. Here's how:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

Thank for the link.

I try restore from backup the information it's okay but I can't see the performance graph with the old data ~1,000 hosts. Alternatively, I was backed up and restore another XI it's worked all information Nagios XI but this XI is ~100 hosts. see the difference XI picture.

Could you advise?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@dimsum, Did you happen to migrate from a 32bit system to a 64bit one? If so, please take a look at this tutorial:
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=166

Otherwise, could you send in your Nagios XI System Profile so I can review it?
To send us your system profile. Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button
Save the profile.zip file and attach it to your next post, or you can upload it to a cloud storage of your choice and share a link with me in pm.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@dimsum, I received your profile and shared it with the support team. Seems like you may have some permission problems. Please navigate to:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/
and run the script:

./reset_config_perms.sh
Let us know if that fixed your problem. Please allow XI to run for at least 10-15 minutes after you run this script before checking on it.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

[root@nagiso-restore scripts]# ./reset_config_perms.sh
RESETTING PERMS
/bin/chmod: cannot access ‘/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/’: No such file or directory
/bin/find: ‘/usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/’: No such file or directory

Perhaps the folder is missing! Can I download from the old XI? When I run the backup on web UI isn't back up a perfdata?

Thanks.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@dimsum, I think that folder should've been transferred over during the backup. Can you manually navigate to /usr/local/nagios/share/ and make sure that there's no perfdata folder? If there isn't you may copy it from the old XI server. After you copy it please run the following commands and show us the output:

service nagios restart
service npcd status
service crond status
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

Hi,

The problem has been fixed. It's a problem with the link directory mismatch. because from the old XI has changed a perfdata path to /home.

Thanks guys for helping.