Format of PDF Scheduled report not proper

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
sayimran

Re: Format of PDF Scheduled report not proper

Post by sayimran »

Ok we will try this soon and keep you posted. Thanks.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

We'll keep this thread open for you in the meantime!
Former Nagios employee
sayimran

Post by sayimran »

Thanks. Looks like issue is resolved. Last 2 days PDF's looks good. Now i have below 2 queries to take this to further improvements as below:
1) Can the PDF size be shrinked or zipped to decrease the size? 4 MBs are high for a daily basis reports or twice/thrice a day.
2) Can Nagios send the Image of the Green dots(BB maps) as a form of message body instead of attachment. This will help all our users to quickly scan the health of the nodes on the email instead of downloading the PDFs (especially when we are viewing the reports on our Mobile phones)
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

sayimran wrote:Thanks. Looks like issue is resolved. Last 2 days PDF's looks good. Now i have below 2 queries to take this to further improvements as below:
1) Can the PDF size be shrinked or zipped to decrease the size? 4 MBs are high for a daily basis reports or twice/thrice a day.
2) Can Nagios send the Image of the Green dots(BB maps) as a form of message body instead of attachment. This will help all our users to quickly scan the health of the nodes on the email instead of downloading the PDFs (especially when we are viewing the reports on our Mobile phones)
1) No, we don't have a way to do this, and even if we did, there would be little change as I believe the PDF's are already optimized, however some reports can be delivered as a JPG and that may be smaller.

2) We do not have the availability to inline sections of an XI page into an email. It is a neat idea but almost 100% of the data/info requires javascript to present the page and that cannot be put in emails.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
sayimran

Post by sayimran »

Ok No problem. Thanks for the Quick answers. I think we can close this post now. Appreciate all your assistance.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

Glad to be of assistance
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com