Adding customvars support for hoststatus/servicestatus API

This board serves as an open discussion and support collaboration point for Nagios XI. NOTE: Nagios XI customers should use the Customer Support forum to obtain expedited support.

Adding customvars support for hoststatus/servicestatus API

Postby gzaloprgm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if you are planning on officially adding "customvars=1" support for the hoststatus/servicestatus API endpoints. We are trying to display custom variable information from the API into a NOC-like view inside Nagios Fusion.

It shouldn't be that hard (copying parts of the code from utils-xmlobjects to utils-xmlstatus, changing object_id to host/service_object_id seems to work), but there might be some posible optimizations to avoid doing a query for each host/service.

Thanks, Gonzalo
gzaloprgm

Re: Adding customvars support for hoststatus/servicestatus A

Postby benjaminsmith » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello Gonzalo,

That functionality was added in Nagios XI 5.6. What version are you currently using?

customvars.png
customvars.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 52 times
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
benjaminsmith

Postby gzaloprgm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi
I'm using latest XI (5.6.6), and that option is available for objects/host and objects/service endpoints but not for objects/hoststatus nor objects/servicestatus (the ones I need).

Thanks, Gonzalo
gzaloprgm

Postby scottwilkerson » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:26 am

gzaloprgm wrote:Hi
I'm using latest XI (5.6.6), and that option is available for objects/host and objects/service endpoints but not for objects/hoststatus nor objects/servicestatus (the ones I need).

Thanks, Gonzalo

Yes you would need to make multiple API calls
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Return to Nagios XI