Graph problem - not collecting data

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
samchapman

Graph problem - not collecting data

Post by samchapman »

Hi,

After I rebooted my Nagiox XI server, the performance graphs have stopped collecting data. See the attached screenshot for an example.

So far I've tried resetting security credentials and re-starting the 'performance grapher' but I'm still not getting any data logged.

Any help would be very welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mguthrie

Re: Graph problem - not collecting data

Post by mguthrie »

Usually graphing issues are relating to permissions, either in the sub-components of XI, or in the file system.

We have a script in /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/reset_config_perms that should fix any issues with permissions in the file system. It's also been reported that using characters in your nagios passwords that are not alpha-numeric stop the graphs from working.
tonyyarusso

Post by tonyyarusso »

While mguthrie's points are true, afaik those errors usually result in graphs not displaying at all, not cutting off like yours does. That makes me wonder if perhaps the graph is a red herring - are you sure your service check itself is actually still running? (Look at the "Last Check" timestamp on the Service Detail page.)
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
ggt

Post by ggt »

I am having the same problem. It is still collecting data, but the graph is not displaying at all. It worked for probably the first 5-6 hours, and then it stopped loading data into the ds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This could be due to a few issues:

1. If you're running an older copy of Nagios XI (prior to 2009R1.3B), there was a bug in Nagios Core that could cause performance data to not be graphed. Newer version of XI include a patched version of Nagios Core that fixes this problem, so upgrading might resolve the issue.

2. The NPCD daemon that takes performance data and produces the performance chart might be stopped. You can restart it with the following command:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/npcd start
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President