Nagios XI seems to be reporting without agent

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
tonyyarusso

Re: Nagios XI seems to be reporting without agent

Post by tonyyarusso »

Could you look up exactly what the full check command is in XI that's returning say the /home disk space check? That will confirm whether it's doing it through NRPE or other means, and which host it's accessing, etc.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
cognitiaclaeves

Post by cognitiaclaeves »

I believe that I could. ( If I had any idea who was initiating that command. )

I was just given SSH access to XI last night. ( I haven't tried to log in yet. ) I also determined that we have a support contract. I was told to post a message as the admin that registered NagiosXI. Can this thread be moved to the support forum? Would that make a difference in the response time? ( Hey, it was worth asking... :p )

I'm about to build out two very large FTP servers for DR. I build them out from base templates. It would be great to fix this issue in the base template so that it only needs to be addressed once.
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

I'm pretty sure we can move the thread to the customer support forum, can you verify that you have access to the Customer support forum before we do. I don't want to pull it and then have you locked out from it ; )
cbuesing

Post by cbuesing »

Verified. I can read it. Thanks !

Will the original account continue to receive notices when you move it ?
mguthrie

Post by mguthrie »

I've copied this topic to the Customer forum. Not sure how the notices will work for it, so I left this one in the general forum as well.