Use simple expression matching in Web GUI.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
hansjoerg

Use simple expression matching in Web GUI.

Post by hansjoerg »

is there any way to define a hostgroup membership... for example .*svr using the web gui? Or am I forced to manage any configuration file that uses regular expressions outside of the GUI? and only in the /usr/loca/nagios/etc/static folder which then makes them not visible in the core configuration utility?

I can't see how you can make this an Enterprise product without the ability to use basic wildcards in group memberships... (like *svr) through the gui?
For example I have 1000 clients all matching something like this xxxxsvr and in the XI web gui there is NO way to do this...

Am I missing something?
mguthrie

Re: Use simple expression matching in Web GUI.

Post by mguthrie »

No, at this time there isn't a way to do that from the GUI. However, you can create configuration files and put them into the "import" folder, and use the CCM->Tools->Import Config Files tool. I haven't tried what you're asking with the wild card expression, so I'm not sure what the result would be.
hansjoerg

Re: Use simple expression matching in Web GUI.

Post by hansjoerg »

Nope..
That doesn't work either. It strips the line from the config and just leave it without members defined...
It does work in the static folder though.

Thats pretty lame.