Testing nagios XI to see if we will purchase

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jlarocque

Testing nagios XI to see if we will purchase

Post by jlarocque »

Installed xi-2009r1.3e two days ago and was able to migrate my old nagios over
Updated to xi-2009r1.3f this morning and now unable to app configuration from Web
Getting this error
Could not expand hostgroups and/or hosts specified in service (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/services/_multiple_hosts.cfg', starting on line 14)

I cannot delete _mutiliple_hosts.cfg and any information that relates to it because the apply configuration just puts it back with the error

I delete everything relating to it in the Core Config Manager but still get this error

Any Help
mguthrie

Re: Testing nagios XI to see if we will purchase

Post by mguthrie »

When a change is made in the Core Config Manager, the information is updated in the DB, but doesn't get written to the config files until after a verification check. If it passes, it will write the files and restart Nagios, if it fails, it will roll back to the last known good configuration.

You can use the Core Config Manager->Write Config Tool to manually write the Db information to the configuration files. This tool also has a verification check as well so you can see where the current error is.

The configuration snapshots can be used to find where a bad config is. The text output displays the Nagios error check, while the zip file is a snapshot of the bad configuration (which you can use to hunt for the error).

Hope that helps!
jlarocque

Re: Testing nagios XI to see if we will purchase

Post by jlarocque »

Thanks that did the trick

My ServiceGroup.cfg did not like the upgrade at all. I had to almost rebuild it