configuring pnp4nagios

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
perryjason

configuring pnp4nagios

Post by perryjason »

Hi,

I'm trying to configure pnp4nagios by using two data sources in one graph which has different units of measurement. I'd like to have on unit on the left axis with (ms) as the unit and the right axis with (rps). Is there a way to have those axis automatically generated by the datasource? Right now when I put two datasources in they are based on the left axis. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
mmestnik

Re: configuring pnp4nagios

Post by mmestnik »

You mean to have legends or 'tick marks' on each side of the graph /w different ranges, like left side is for example 0 to 100(with bug ticks every 10 and small ticks every other 5) and right side is for example 0 to 500.

There is more to it then just this... Think of where a blue dot for(an example) "10min after" would go if the value it should represent was 97. Would it go near the top or almost 1/5th from the bottom?

Since this adds much complexity I doubt it would ever get implemented. I could see an option to place the legend on the right side instead of the default left and then you could merge the two images using transparency. This solution is not hard for the developers, but still painful for you.