Request for a list of what's installed on this server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Box293
Too Basu

Request for a list of what's installed on this server

Post by Box293 »

I've been downloading plugins that people have wrote and they all have some sort of requirement in terms of other modules already being installed.

For example one plugin required:
Class::MethodMaker
SOAP::Lite
XML::LibXML
HTTP::Message

I had no idea how to find this out (I eventually searched and found out).

It would be really handy to have an information page that listed all the current installed modules and their versions etc.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
mmestnik

Re: Request for a list of what's installed on this server

Post by mmestnik »

I don't believe this is at all related to Nagios XI, it sounds like a problem with perl or the OS vendor.

We also would like to see these enhancements, please make sure to let the right ppl know your opinion they have already heard from us and won't get the message unless you make them aware of your existence directly.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Being a Windows user a lot of this stuff is new to me so it takes a while to work it out.

I liked that I was able to download the Nagios XI VM and within a matter of minutes start using the product. I think a lot more Windows admins will be drawn to Nagios XI because it is this simple to get started. :P

Like all users they are going to want to start playing with plugins they've found in the communities.

So my sugesstion is about having an information page that shows you a list of what's installed on this NagiosXI server.
please make sure to let the right ppl know your opinion they have already heard from us and won't get the message unless you make them aware of your existence directly.
Who are the right people? I am thinking that this is a Nagios XI request so these forums are a way of reaching the developers?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
tonyyarusso

Post by tonyyarusso »

Ah, I see what you mean now. He's not asking about how to check in the OS himself, but whether we can have an info page within the XI interface that summarizes that information nicely. ie, XI would run a check against the OS info, parse the return, and display it nicely, similar to a phpinfo() page. Given that our set of supported operating systems is fairly small so far, that could probably be done. I'll make a note of it in the feature requests list.
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Thanks Tony.