Changing the monitoring port on server and agent

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Poch01

Changing the monitoring port on server and agent

Post by Poch01 »

Is there any way in which to change the monitoring port on the server and the agent for specific hosts? I am happy with the default port for servers on the same LAN as the server (without firewalls to cross) but when connecting over the Internet to remote servers, of which I have several behind a single IP address I need to be able to change the port (usually incrementing by one each time) in order to monitor them all. With Zabbix this is very straightforward as you can change the port as you add the host and then simply alter the port in the agents config file, but I cannot find this setting in NagiosXI. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all. Poch.
mmestnik

Re: Changing the monitoring port on server and agent

Post by mmestnik »

You may do this in the config editor. I recommend creating a new check command and append "_port" to the name that has the next $ARG<index>$ after the -p flag(normally the -p flag, check the docs on the check you are using). Then in your host check for the single IP add service checks with the extra "_port" and the port number after a '!'.