How to upgrade without an internet connection?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Box293
Too Basu

How to upgrade without an internet connection?

Post by Box293 »

When running the ./upgrade command, is there a switch to disable checking the internet for updates?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
tonyyarusso

Re: How to upgrade without an internet connection?

Post by tonyyarusso »

There is not a switch that I am aware of, no. However, from what I can see it's not actually XI that's looking for anything online, but just yum. Furthermore, as far as I can tell all yum is doing is making sure again that you have the prerequisite packages installed, which for an upgrade is likely to be the case, particularly between minor versions. So, while I can't entirely guarantee this, you can probably accomplish what you want safely by commenting out the line for "./1-prereqs" in the upgrade script (it's right near the top).
Tony Yarusso
Technical Services
___
TIES
Web: http://ties.k12.mn.us/
Box293
Too Basu

Re: How to upgrade without an internet connection?

Post by Box293 »

This worked just as you explained. Handy for doing some testing.

Thanks very much.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.