Problem to edit a host/service

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Schoki

Problem to edit a host/service

Post by Schoki »

I have some hosts/services in the Nagios XI webinterface.
When I want to edit a host over the webinterface with...
-> "Configure" -> "Re-Configure this host"
...then this message appears:
"This host appears to make use of an advanced configuration. Use the Nagios Core Config Manager to modify the settings for this host."

When I now look to the Nagios Core Config Manager, this host isn't there. So I can't edit any host or service via the webinterface?
mmestnik

Re: Problem to edit a host/service

Post by mmestnik »

I'm afraid I'll need more information, it's vary hard to believe this is not the result of user error.

Check these things:
  • Is there a Config name filter set?
  • Are there multiple pages... Looking at this I can't seam to sort by anything.
  • Did you attempt to use search?
  • Does "Apply Configuration" complete and perhaps remove the host?
I hope this helps, but I'm not vary optimistic.
Schoki

Post by Schoki »

I reinstalled Nagios XI, after an failed import of some "old" config files, the Nagios-XI was a little bit damaged I think.

But I have another question:

When I manually add a new host in /usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts/, then this host appears only on the webinterface but I can't edit this host in the Core-Config-Manager, is that right?
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

Any manual edits will simply be overwritten. You need to make edits to the backend database if you want to make changes manually.

There is a configuration importer that you might be able to use for one-shot host adds.