Can't Delete Host

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
aoliver

Can't Delete Host

Post by aoliver »

I'm evaluating Nagios XI as a potential replacement to our current dated monitoring solution. I like the interface but I seem to be running into a few small issues that would probably be a show stopper but I think I'm just not doing something right. I added a single host (our Exchange server) and it looks/works GREAT but I quickly realized that I had only included drive space monitoring on C: and left out D: and E:. First of all, why can't I edit the config to add D: and E: or am I missing something? 2nd and the main issue is that when I tried to delete the host in order to add it again it won't delete! It tells me that maybe I need to delete it from Nagios Core so I went into the Core and tried to delete from there, no go. Ideas? I did reboot the Nagios VM and try again but with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Allen

PS - I would have used the forum search but apparently searching for "delete host" is too common and "Can't Delete Host" the ' symbol messes up the search string and returns "can delete host t"
gary_ford

Re: Can't Delete Host

Post by gary_ford »

to add additional checks you can just go through the wizard again and it will add the new checks (wont duplicate the host)

i also had the issue where sometimes the host wont delete.. I had to go into nagios core and delete the individual services and then the host.
aoliver

Re: Can't Delete Host

Post by aoliver »

Thanks! Removing the services allowed me to remove the host. Thanks for the tip about going through the wizard again to add items, that solves the problem of having to delete and add hosts just to make changes.