Apply Configuration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
joaovdn

Apply Configuration

Post by joaovdn »

In nagios core, in nagiosxi interface when i create a new host group and Apply Configuration(ends successfully) the nagiosxi apparently don't white in nagios/etc.
I can see it, and when i go to host group config again he say that 'Warning: configuration file is out of date! ' again!
In nagiosxi snapshot the hostgroup file is the same. but have a new hostgroup file with extension .cfg~ that is hight one but seems not replace the old.

why this is happening?

ty
egalstad

Re: Apply Configuration

Post by egalstad »

Did you edit any of the config files manually? If so, the file permissions may have gotten whacked and caused the database export to fail. The tilde extension on config file seems to indicate this might be the case.

You can do a manual database export and check for errors by following these steps:

1. Enter the Nagios Core Configuration Manager (NagiosQL)

2. Click the following menu item on the left:
Tools -> Write Config Files

3. Click the "Go" buttons for "Write monitoring data" and "Write additional data". Watch for any errors messages before you continue to the next item.

If there are problems writing to the hostgroups file, NagiosQL will complain about permissions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
joaovdn

Post by joaovdn »

Thanks this works fine.
On the /usr/local/nagios/libexec/
than:
chown root:root *
chmod 4755 *

works fine!
egalstad

Post by egalstad »

Great! Glad to hear it. :-)
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

I had a similar problem with all the .cfg files in /usr/local/nagios/etc

I fixed the problem by doing:
chown root:root /usr/local/nagios/etc/*.cfg
chmod o+w /usr/local/nagios/etc/*.cfg

Not sure why this happened, I don't normally play with things like file permissions.