Hostgroups not importing properly

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
awatch

Hostgroups not importing properly

Post by awatch »

I'm having an issue with the import configuration process from another Nagios Core 3.2.0 installation. It appears that most of the host/service definitions imported themselves correctly, however the host groups only wrote the first member declared in the definition. When I ran the configuration preparation utility it properly broke down the hostgroups into separate files and contained all of the members, but upon importing them into the NagiosQL DB only the first host listed is maintained. Do I have to go through and manually rebuild my host groups? Are there some special formatting options I have to do in my flat files before they'll import properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
awatch

Re: Hostgroups not importing properly

Post by awatch »

Well, I found the solution and here it is for anyone else with a similar problem.

When NagiosXI parses the configuration files for importing into the database it, apparently, does not like following spaces after a comma delimiter. For example

Code: Select all

define hostgroup
{
     members      host1, host2, host3, host4
}
Does not work, however,

Code: Select all

define hostgroup
{
     members      host1,host2,host3,host4
}
Works just fine...
mmestnik

Re: Hostgroups not importing properly

Post by mmestnik »

This is likely a bug, I've opened a ticket.
http://go.nagios.com/tracker/25