Nagios XI 5 Open Beta - Download Available

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
benhank

Re: Nagios XI 5 Open Beta

Post by benhank »

I would like to order one beta and a side of fries please
Proudly running:
NagiosXI 5.4.12 2 node Prod Env 2500 hosts, 13,000 services
Nagiosxi 5.5.7(test env) 2500 hosts, 13,000 services
Nagios Logserver 2 node Prod Env 500 objects sending
Nagios Network Analyser
Nagios Fusion
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

I'd like to make mine a Juicy Lucy please. Skip the fries. Add onion rings.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
WillemDH

Post by WillemDH »

Will the beta be released within the next 3 hours? It would be very convenient to know, so I don't stay up late for nothing... :)
Nagios XI 5.8.1
https://outsideit.net
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

WillemDH wrote:Will the beta be released within the next 3 hours? It would be very convenient to know, so I don't stay up late for nothing... :)
Should be about 2 hours from now
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
BanditBBS

Post by BanditBBS »

scottwilkerson wrote:
WillemDH wrote:Will the beta be released within the next 3 hours? It would be very convenient to know, so I don't stay up late for nothing... :)
Should be about 2 hours from now
You just made Willem stay up late now, you meanie! LOL I'm truly excited though, can't wait to read the changelog!
2 of XI5.6.14 Prod/DR/DEV - Nagios LogServer 2 Nodes
See my projects on the Exchange at BanditBBS - Also check out my Nagios stuff on my personal page at Bandit's Home and at github
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

I still need to finish my #NagiosCon2015 presentation. But I'll still make time for a CHANGELOG.
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
WillemDH

Post by WillemDH »

Nagios XI 5.8.1
https://outsideit.net
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

While you are waiting for the beta....

Here's the changelog...
5R1.0 - XX/XX/2015
=====================
- Upgraded Nagios Core 4.1.1 -SW
- Upgraded Bulk Modifications component to 2.0.0 which includes numerous new modifications to be performed (listed below) -JO
- Upgraded CCM to 2.4.0 which adds multiple features (listed below) -JO
- Upgraded Alert Stream to 2.0.0 which removes all Java apps from XI and instead uses D3.js -JO
- Upgraded LDAP and AD components with a single component which allows importing LDAP/AD users and easier LDAP/AD user management in users section -JO
- Upgraded to latest version of nmap in Auto-Discovery component -JO
- Updated Host/Service Detail pages to just show icon for tabs that have them specified to provide more real estate -SW
- Updated detail page so most tab content on detail pages doesn't load until selected improving performance -SW
- Updated perfdataproc.php cron job to utilize a better mechanism to move large amounts of files avoiding "Argument list too long" errors -SW
- Updated search functionality on users list in admin section to do mid-text searching on email, username, and full name -JO
- Updated deploy notification component to be more user-friendly -JO
- Updated the Metrics Component to display a wider range of agent data, optionally utilize the highcharts graphs, allow graph timeperiods to be selected, added advanced options and increased tab and display performance -LG
- Updated Bandwidth report to optionally use highcharts graphs -LG
- Updated the Windows WMI, Windows SNMP and Linux SNMP wizards to run a smart scan and prepopulate disks, processes and services -LG
- Updated all reports to now use asynchronous loading of report information -JO
- Updated all reports to have a new layout -JO
- Updated loading icons throughout XI -JO
- Updated configuration main page and configuration wizards page layout -JO
- Updated available dashlets page layout -JO
- Updated notification management section to be more intuitive when saving/applying templates to users -JO
- Updated full search box in XI 5 to a search icon in the main header nav bar -JO
- Updated host/service detail actions/advanced actions to use popups instead of old command pages -JO
- Updated homepage splash screen -JO
- Added manage dashboards page -JO
- Added manage views page -JO
- Added button 'Install Updates' to auto-upgrade components either per component or for all components with updates -JO
- Added button 'Install Updates' to auto-upgrade config wizards either per config wizard or for all config wizards with updates -JO
- Added a new scheduled downtime page with ajax popups for scheduling downtime -JO
- Added configuration wizard 'advanced settings' (step 3-5) templates (global/user) and a template manager -JO
- Added default template for configuration wizards which will set config wizard step3-5 fields with the proper variables -JO
- Added "API Key" to users section (instead of using username+ticket for API calls - backwards compatible though) -JO
- Added a fusion API Key for later fusion integration -JO
- Added integrated Help section for API Documentation -JO
- Added new REST API with objects, config, and system sections which allows adding host/services -JO
- Added a new theme for XI 5 release (Modern) -JO
- Added tabs to global configuration settings in admin area -JO
- Added numbers of saved reports and scheduled reports to left hand menu section -JO
- Added icons to a number of commonly used links -JO
- Added ability to filter config wizards on main config wizard page -JO
- Added ability to import users from AD/LDAP locations -JO
- Added ability to manage server certificates for AD/LDAP connections -JO
- Added links to deadpool from admin section -JO
- Added ability to customize email notification priority of notification per-user and per notification type, editable in Notification Preferences -SW
- Added ability to use custom host/service variables in actions component -SW
- Added ability to bulk rename config files for services in bulk rename component -SW
- Added ability for users to enable/disable Host and Service Acknowledgments in Notification Preferences -SW
- Added ability to toggle displaying of aliases in host/service detail pages. This is adjustable per user under Account Information -SW
- Added NavBar Search to search for host, hostgroup, and servicegroup and take user directly to results page -SW
- Added pagination additionally to top of host/service status tables -SW
- Added ability for users with "Can (re)configure hosts and services" perms to add/remove contactgroups they are members of when running wizards and reconfiguring objects -SW
- Added ability for users to just save config to database without Applying Configuration when running wizards -SW
- Added Auto-discovery option to use system DNS -SW
- Added ability to use logarithmic scaling with highchart perfdata charts -SW
- Added embeddable highcharts performance graphs that can be placed in an iframe passing host/service/width/height/username/token -SW
- Added Auto-discovery option to specify scan delay to throttle activity -SW
- Added %hostgroupnames% and %servicegroupnames% macros to actions component -SW
- Added ability to filter Capacity Planning report by Host/Hostgroup/Servicegroup with additional search -SW
- Added numerous performance enhancements to Auto-discovery to improve scan performance -SW
- Added URL target specification to actions component -SW
- Added searching capabilities to Acknowledgments page -SW
- Added ability to filter WARNING/UNKNOWN/UNREACHABLE states in Availability and SLA reports -SW
- Added auto updating of Tools on tool creation -JO
- Added auto updating of My Scheduled Reports when adding new scheduled report -JO
- Added number of reports to My Reports and My Scheduled Reports menu headers -JO
- Added auto updating of My Reports when saving new Report -SW
- Added dashlet functionality to SLA and Availability Report -LG
- Added language support for CCM help popups -SW
- Added JPG export option to all reports -SW
- Added option in State History Report to show only hosts or only services -SW
- Added in ability to filter by Host, Hostgroup, Servicegroup in Notification Report -SW
- Added sorting of Contacts and Contact groups in Wizard and object configuration pages -SW
- Added "Schedule a forced check for host and all services" to host detail advanced tab -SW
- Added ability to toggle Handled Problems in Birdseye Component -SW
- Added a user specified refresh rate to the configuration options in Custom URL Dashlet -SW
- Added hostgroups and service groups to host/service detail pages -SW
- Added advanced option to Executive Summary Report giving ability to hide scheduled downtime, etc. -SW
- Added ability to specify months in recurring downtime. -SW
- Added additional details column to auditlog -SW
- Added additional services to nagios config for localhost on a new install, checking crond, httpd, mysqld, ndo2db, npcd, ntpd -SW
- Added ability to filter Operations Center by host/hostgroup/servicegroup -SW
- Added to all reports a service drop down list that will display/update based on host selection -LG
- Added ability to filter Operations Center by service state -SW
- Added option to nagiosmobile to have page auto-refresh -SW
- Added sortable and searchable dropdown filtering by Host/Service/Hostgroup/Servicegroup to latest alerts component -SW
- Added remembering sort order (per-user) of items in CCM when returning to table of objects -SW
- Added showing the most recent comment in the status list comment tooltips -SW
- Added per-user theme settings -JO
- Added setting to global config to uncheck Sticky Acknowledgement box by default -SW
- Added nagios reactor component as a standard pre-installed nagios xi component -JO
- Added login failures to Audit Log -SW
- Added features to the Audit Log report including scheduled report, pdf version, and filters by log type and source -JO
- Added cfg variable error_level and removed php notice errors from the error_log in production -JO
- Added the Warning/Critical lines to all XI graphs (toggle default active/inactive) -LG
- Added backing up of Nagvis to XI backup/restore scripts -JO
- Added log type and log source filter dropdowns to auditlog -JO
- Added config information to the downloadable system profile -JO
- Added the ability in Admin > System Settings > General to write Nagios XI auditlog to a file -LG
- Remove displaying of service detail links for hosts without services -SW
- Remove nmap from being fully wildcard sudo'd, preventing hijacking from other system users -SW
- Fixed hypermap to be full size of page -JO
- Fixed deletion of local backup files in scheduled backup component. -SW
- Fixed bug causing nrdp.conf apache config to not work on CentOS/RHEL 7 -SW
- Fixed Common Tools from improperly encoding URL's -SW
- Fixed bug in CCM causing Execution failure criteria to not populate correctly for 'd' -SW
- Fixed bug causing NRDS Windows clients to not have correct permissions to build executable -SW
- Fixed bug where clicking on icons in sort columns on host/service status tables would not sort -SW
- Fixed bug in Event Log Report to allow searching for ; and : chars -SW
- Fixed bug causing Unified Hostgroup views to not refresh -SW
- Fixed bug causing search buttons on CCM import page to import files -SW
- Fixed URL redirection when following permalink and user isn't logged-in -SW
- Fixed bug in the Scheduled Backups using FTP to use the indicated port (Previously default port 21) -LG
- Fixed XSS vulnerability in nagiosbpi component -SW
- Fixed check_rrdtraf from mislabeling UOM if Bytes was selected -SW
- Fixed many generic bugs with the deploy notification component and saving templates -JO
- Fixed bug causing + symbol in host, service, hostgroup and servicegroups making links in UI not work correctly -SW
- Fixed restore_xi.sh script to account for differences when moving from OS 6 to OS 7 -SW
- Fixed bug causing CCM to not work properly if specifying non-default MySQL port -SW
- Fixed bug where the Alias was not displaying for the Availability Report -LG
- Fixed bug in Switch wizard where the Warning/Critical percentages were not calculating using decimal places -LG
- Fixed bug causing passwords with special chars such as $ or & to not write .htpasswd file correctly -SW
- Fixed bug in Hostgroup Overview to display the correct service list when selecting a service instead of all hosts in the group -LG
- Fixed bug where setting new UI theme would not actually change theme until next page load -JO
- Fixed bug in ndoutils which could cause message queue to not empty -SW
- Fixed bug where deleting backup would not remove the local backup -JO

Core Config Manager (CCM) - 2.4.0
---------------------------------
- Added Core Config Manager landing page -LG
- Fixed 'Manage Parents' to now show child relationships while making them non-selectable -JO
- Fixed bug where changing a parent host's host name would cause config not to apply until doing a full delete/rewrite of configs -JO

Bulk Modifications - 2.0.0
--------------------------
- Changed bulk mod procedure to be a step by step process -JO
- Added ability to change ARG variables on hosts/services -JO
- Added ability to add/remove multiple contacts/contact groups from hosts/services and host groups/service groups -JO
- Added ability to select multiple host groups to add -JO
- Added ability to remove host groups, services, and parents (hosts and services) -JO
- Added ability to select hosts/services via selecting hostgroups or service groups -JO
- Added ability to set templates (and template order) on hosts/services -JO
- Added select boxes for config options that are selectable -JO
- Added inheritance options for contacts/contact groups -JO
- Added ability to update config name for services -JO
- Updated change single config option to change more options -JO
- Updated change single config option time period autocomplete functionality -JO
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
jomann
Development Lead

Post by jomann »

jomann wrote:
WillemDH wrote:I really hope they implemented http://tracker.nagios.com/view.php?id=716 and fixed http://tracker.nagios.com/view.php?id=494

:idea:
These have not yet been implemented. I haven't seen the stacked graph one in a while (it's not in our internal tracker for some reason) so wasn't on my list of things to get in. I think we would like to get that in a release soon though since that would be genuinely helpful in stacked graphs. I've noticed they are extremely hard to read when you have a few stacks overlaying on one another and I don't think it would be a major change.
I spoke too soon. Looking into the stacked graph problem I have updated the multi-stacked graph in graph explorer to no longer "overlay" the graphs.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
BanditBBS

Post by BanditBBS »

- Updated homepage splash screen -JO
is it still Ludmil's smiling face though?

Some of those changes excite me! The new API for one, new report layouts, so many others.

Edit: I love you Scott!
- Added ability for users to just save config to database without Applying Configuration when running wizards -SW
2 of XI5.6.14 Prod/DR/DEV - Nagios LogServer 2 Nodes
See my projects on the Exchange at BanditBBS - Also check out my Nagios stuff on my personal page at Bandit's Home and at github