Integrating multi level map pages

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Eric Ouellette

Integrating multi level map pages

Post by Eric Ouellette »

I am in the process of build our Glabal site map layout in Nagios XI and want to do the following and was wondering if it is possible.

layout is as follows
Home page would show all sites around the world. Would need this page to be linked to sub map tree. So the idea is for instance if I select USA we have 12 sites when alerts happen in a country is will show up in either red, yellow, green. When support person selects a country he will be redirected to country map and then can select the site showng alarms and this will redirect him to local site map which will have all details of telecom and server equipment.

Regards
Eric Ouellette
rkennedy

Re: Integrating multi level map pages

Post by rkennedy »

This isn't going to be possible with XI, however, you could come pretty close with a bit of HTML editing.

Take a look at this document (the component is already installed, so skip this part) - https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... g-Page.pdf

This will allow you to set the home page. Now, you'd need to create a custom map page, which you would then link to by using the component above.

From there, I would take a look at the Host Group Status page, and add the boxes (by clicking the arrow in the top left corner) to a new dashboard page. You could then directly link to your dashboard pages, from your custom map by using the link without the frame included, i.e. http://192.168.3.115/nagiosxi/dashboard ... d=d7mccig7
Former Nagios Employee
Eric Ouellette

Post by Eric Ouellette »

I have created all my maps now I have not figured out how to publish them to specific groups.
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

You will need to deploy on a per-user basis, using the 'Home Page Modification' component I mentioned, which has a walk through here - https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... 1444063497

Did you run into any issues with this part?
Former Nagios Employee
Baiju

Post by Baiju »

Did something exactly as you mentioned for a client

1. Placed icons on a world map on correct locations ( Icons are globe pics, which will change color accordingly) (Custom made icons)
2. Created Country based maps with all the details and the icons on the world map will redirect to corresponding country map
3. Created site maps with all details and the icons on country map will redirect to site maps

Most of the icons used were custom made and will change color accordingly

Note sure how i can upload pics here...
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

@Baiju,

Were you just clarifying that it works, or did you have an issue? If you are having an issue, please describe it in more detail.

As for uploaded images, you do it with the "Upload attachment" tab beside the "Options" tab when you are in the POST A REPLY window.
Baiju

Post by Baiju »

I mean its working for me as expected..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

@Baiju, did you have an issue with setting up maps or were you showing the OP how they should look?
Former Nagios employee
Baiju

Post by Baiju »

As I mentioned in the beginning of my last post, it is working for me without any issues...
This is just to show that how I set it up as per the context of this thread...

regards
Baiju
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

We will keep this thread open for the OP, but it has been a few months since he was last active in the thread.
Former Nagios employee