Core Config Manager: importing configs

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
hornseym

Core Config Manager: importing configs

Post by hornseym »

I'm currently using Nagios XI 5.2.3 with the Core Config Manager (CCM) 2.5.2.

The use case is that I have mass updates to do to the configuration I currently have (almost 1000 of the services need updating) and, instead of doing this through the config manager (which would take a very long time) I have instead updated the config files using a script and now need to get them into Nagios/CCM.

To get these in I started by deleting the old config , applying the configuration (to write the delete) and then used the import method described in the link below to import the update configuration:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

Note, I didn't pre-process the configurations with the preparation script because I assumed that, as I was importing modified configs, it should already be correct.

After doing the final "Apply Configuration" the updated services were imported and some, may be 10-15%, were duplicated. I've double checked the config, both old and updated, and neither have the duplicate services. I can only assume CCM is getting in the way.

Does anyone know what might be going on here, and how I might be able to get CCM to behave?

Better yet, is there a way to tell CCM to forget whatever it knows and re-load its config fresh from the config files it has/you give it?

Many thanks,

Matthew
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Core Config Manager: importing configs

Post by dwhitfield »

There have been a lot of improvements in the CCM since 5.2.3/2.5.2. I would highly advise upgrading to 5.4.0 and reporting back if your issue persists.

If upgrading XI via the instructions at https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... nstall.pdf is not an option, we can look at updating just the CCM.
hornseym

Post by hornseym »

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately at this point in time I've been told I can't update the server.

Do you have any details on how to update CCM on its own (e.g. a guide) just in case they'll let me do this instead? If this isn't a standardized process then I probably won't be able to, so please, if you can't point me in the direction of a guide or something equivalent, then do say and I'll accept this as an answer (I'm trying to make sure I don't waste your time here).

Many thanks,

Matthew
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Upgrading just the CCM is unsupported, you will need to upgrade the whole system.

What changes did you make (please be very specific)? Was it a simple change? We may be able to whip up a SQL query or something that could do it for you but we would need to know what exactly you are changing.

Thank you