Nagios mass check not working

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
wolfhagenk.

Nagios mass check not working

Post by wolfhagenk. »

Hi Nagios,

Please see: https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 16&t=35490
We are facing the same issue on our paid subscription.

The issue is still not fixed.

Can this be fixed please?
rkennedy

Re: Nagios mass check not working

Post by rkennedy »

What version are you running? Can you show us the exact error messages you're receiving?

I'd like to try and re-create this in house, but in order to do so we'll need a bit more information.
Former Nagios Employee
wolfhagenk.

Post by wolfhagenk. »

Hi rkennedy,

Thank you for the fast reply.
We are running version 5.2.8

When we go to "Mass acknowledge" and select command type: "Schedule immediate check", we get the error "You must specify a comment".
However, it's not possible to enter any comment because the field to input a comment is being greyed-out.
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

I am unable to reproduce this on a fresh 5.2.8 installation. It looks as if the initial bugfix was included as of version 5.2.1 or version 2.1.6 of the "Mass Acknowledge" component:

Code: Select all

2.1.6 - 10/29/2015
==================
- Fixed garbled Japanese characters -JO
- Fixed schedule immediate check requiring comment -JO
You might try updating the "Mass Acknowledge" component to the latest version and see if that fixes things. If it doesn't, can you share the output of:

Code: Select all

cat /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/massacknowledge/massacknowledge.inc.php | grep COMPONENT_VERSION
I would also suggest upgrading to the latest version when you are able. There are multiple security fixes included in the latest version of Nagios XI (5.4.2 as of this post).
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
wolfhagenk.

Post by wolfhagenk. »

We have just performed an upgrade to NagiosXI 5.4.2. and i am pleased to say the function works fine now! :)
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Glad to hear!
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.