Configuring NSClient to Monitor Services

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
charger1129

Configuring NSClient to Monitor Services

Post by charger1129 »

Hi. I am trying to configure the NSClient for a Windows server and I'm having some trouble with it. For example, I have all of these checks in the nagios server that i can assign to a server but I'm not sure how to enable these checks from the .INI file. Right now i have the default .INI file set up. If someone can give me an example of how to get the check disk working for the default C:\ would be appreciated. It would give me a starting point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcapra

Re: Configuring NSClient to Monitor Services

Post by mcapra »

That doesn't look like any Nagios XI GUI i'm familiar with. Those also don't look like any sort of default Nagios XI commands, so I wouldn't know what they're doing without seeing the corresponding command definitions.

There's slightly different "default" configurations depending on the NSClient++ version you are using. If you could share your configuration file, it'd be helpful in figuring this out. Usually, most default NSClient++ configurations don't require anything additional other than enabling the NSClient and NRPE servers.

If I wanted to check the disk of a remote Windows server from the CLI, I could use the following:

Code: Select all

[root@xi-stable services]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 192.168.67.99 -c check_drivesize
OK All 3 drive(s) are ok|'C:\ used'=21.1143GB;40.18593;45.20917;0;50.23241 'C:\ used %'=42%;79;89;0;100 'D:\ used'=0B;0;0;0;0 'E:\ used'=8.06942GB;159.99765;179.99736;0;199.99706 'E:\ used %'=4%;79;89;0;100
More info on the built-in check_drivesize command for NSClient++:
https://docs.nsclient.org/reference/windows/CheckDisk/
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/