Hostgroup Issue

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
NaGIOsStev787

Hostgroup Issue

Post by NaGIOsStev787 »

I create a Hostgroup with several hosts and then tie it to a Service, everything works as expected. If I use that same Hostgroup with a "Minemap" or "BBmap", no hosts are displayed. I have five sites using the same version of Nagios and the other four work just fine. Every setting looks the same on all five sites. Has anybody ever had this issue and solved it ?
tgriep
Madmin

Re: Hostgroup Issue

Post by tgriep »

What version of Nagios XI are you running on the server that is not displaying the hostgroups?
Next, make sure the system has the latest Minemap and BBMap components installed.
To do that go to the Admin > Manage Component menu, click on the Check for Updates button and if they are not up to date, update them.

Then login to the Xi server as root and restart these processes by running the following.

Code: Select all

service nagios stop
killall -9 nagios
service ndo2db restart
service httpd restart
service nagios start
Wait a few minutes, login to the XI GUI and see if the hosts are displayed in the BBMap and Minemap.
If you go to the Hostgroup Overview menu, do you see the hosts there?
Is the user account setup to view those hosts in XI?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
NaGIOsStev787

Post by NaGIOsStev787 »

Running Nagios XI version 5.2.9. This is the same version as the other four sites.

As for making sure I have the latest Minemap and BBMap components installed, I do not have access to updates. All environments are isolated. It should be noted that all five sites were installed with the same packages and configured the same. Only this site has the issue.

I restarted the processes as you listed, no change. The Minemap continues to show ALL hosts in the map before selecting a Hostgroup (in the dropdown next to the "Limit To:" box). Once I select a hostgroup, only the Header is displayed (i.e. "Hostgroup '<HOSTGROUP NAME>' Status Grid").

As for if the user account is setup to view those hosts, yes, I'm using the nagiosadmin account.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Can you login to the XI server as root and run the following tail command

Code: Select all

tail -f /var/log/httpd/*_log
Then, go to the BBMap and MineMap menus, recreate the error and post the output from the tail command.

Do you have access to the Admin > Manage Components menu while logged in as the nagiosadmin account?
Can you post the version of the BBMap and MineMap that is installed on the system?
NaGIOsStev787

Post by NaGIOsStev787 »

I captured the log via the tail command you posted. When looking at the output (see the attachment), consider the following:

1) The output was captured from three different sites (all in the same timeframe).
2I At each site's Nagios GUIs, I clicked on the Home Tab, then Maps (left side of screen) and then Minemap
3) I started tailing on all three servers
4) Back at the GUIs, I selected the Hostgroup “XYZ AAA Servers” from the dropdown
5) I waited until it was exactly 15:05. Then, (within a few seconds of each other), I clicked the “Update” button on all three Nagios sites.
6) I copied the log output starting about 30 seconds (15:04:30) before clicking (step 5) and about the same after .

So, within the log outputs for each site, look at timestamps 15:05 and after. I’ve changed a few things in the output for security: IP addresses, server names and the like have been modified. Hope you can make out something from the output.

The three logs are separated below by the following headers:
+++++ Active site, works fine (Location 1) +++++
+++++ Standby site, does NOT work (Location 2) +++++
+++++ Test site, works fine (Location 3) +++++

As for the versions of BBMap and MineMap, all three sites are the same:
BBMap = Version: 1.1.7
Minemap = Version: 1.2.3
Hostgroup_Issue_050217.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Thanks for the output file. I didn't see anything wrong in there so I will have to see a System Profile from the server so I can check it's settings.
To send us your system profile. login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button
Save the profile.zip file and PM it back to me.

Thanks