Long time to show the detail host and service

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dimsum

Long time to show the detail host and service

Post by dimsum »

Hi,

I have installed new XI and when I access host or service detail it's long time to show page what's wrong? my XI version 5.4.12 deploy from ovf file. I wait around 3mins the page shows up.

Find my picture. How can I fix it?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Long time to show the detail host and service

Post by cdienger »

How many hosts and services are configured? Is this an install that was working previously and just recently started showing this behavior?

What does memory, cpu, and drive usage look like if you run free -m, top, and df -h at the command line?

Does it help to deactivate hosts and services found in the CCM(Configure > Core Config Manager > Monitoring > Hosts/Services) ? Do you receive any errors if you try to apply configuration ?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @dimsum. Did you literally just deploy the OVM and it's working slow, or did you already change something? Did you assign an external URL for this XI, or set up SSL or something similar? What are the hardware specs of this VM?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

It's started to deploy on my XI. I got this issue at the first time that I deployed. No error any page. This's my client site and going into production.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

@dimsum, run the following commands from the command line on the Nagios XI server, and show the output:

Code: Select all

free -m
lscpu
df -h
We need to see if you have sufficient resources on this system.

Did you assign an external URL for this XI, or set up SSL?

Please PM me (or any member of the Nagios Support team) your profile. You can obtain it by going to Admin > System Profile > Download Profile
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

I didn't use SSL.

Please see my resource in the pictures.

So df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup-lv_root
116G 3.5G 107G 4% /
tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 477M 95M 357M 22% /boot
tmpfs 4.0G 620K 4.0G 1% /var/nagiosramdisk

I use external URL and config IP public already this issue has been affected internal and public access.

Thank you.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@dimsum, Could you send in your Nagios XI System Profile so I can review it?
To send us your system profile. Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
Click the "Download Profile" button
Save the profile.zip file and upload it with your next post. Or you could upload the profile to a cloud storage of your choice and share a link with me in PM. If you do that please post something in this thread to bring it back up in the support queue.
Thanks.

**Profile was received and shared with the other techs.
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

Here's system profile for you.

Thank you.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@dimsum, Here're a few steps you can take:

1. Increase the memory limit in /etc/php.ini. I'd recommend doubling what you allready have. Then restart httpd with

service httpd restart
2. Based on your previous post it seems like you've already done this, but to be sure: please check that you filled out the external URL field in Nagios GUI
Untitled.png
3. Please add the internal URL and External URL entries to /etc/mrtg/conf.d file, then restart httpd with

service httpd restart
And probably nagios:

service nagios restart
dimsum

Post by dimsum »

I double check the internal and external ip it's correct.

I cat the error_log from apache and I got a message below

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/xicore/status-object-detail.inc.php on line 2507, referer: http://this_external_ip/nagiosxi/includes/components/xicore/status.php?show=hosts

Thank you.